Tuesday 7 November 2017

Christmas Countdown Day 8




Crochet Christmas Countdown Day 8 

Winter Wrist Warmers 

I hope this pattern works out for you all, I haven’t made a pattern for anyone else apart from myself before & I usually know what I mean in my instructions so If you have any queries at all drop me an email or leave a comment on here & I’ll try to answer as best I can. 

I used 2 shades of double knit yarn for my wrist warmers, the blue is the only ‘posh wool’ I’ve ever bought! Falkland yarn from Debbie bliss and the silver is from Stylecraft, my usual purchase of double knit. 

I browsed a few wrist warmer patterns including attic 24 who’s blog I love & Bellacoco’s blog (who’s you tube channel I learnt to crochet from) before combining a few techniques and making these warmers. (Links below) 
bellacoco 

attic 24





To start chain 35 or until the chain fits snugly around your wrist. 





Then do rows of half treble crochet (htc) I did 17 rows in blue but you may want more or less depending how far up your arm you want them to be.












If you want to change colour I did it here, I attached silver &  continued to do another 9 rows so 26 rows of htc altogether.  Here it is after a few rows of silver.

I decided on bobble stitch for my edging but you can leave it plain if you’d rather. 
For bobble stitch you  yarn over, insert hook, yarn over, pull through, yarn over, pull through two* 5 times until you have 6 loops on the hook. yarn over and pull through all of the loops.  Here is a video from Bellacoco to help you out with this 

http://www.bellacoco.co.uk/2015/09/bobble-stitch-tutoria.html


Your warmers should currently look like a rectangle, once you are happy with the length and size, etc you are ready to sew them up. Just sew the two sides together leaving a gap for your thumb. I tested it out on my wrist and put a stitch marker each side of my thumb so that I knew where to stop and start the sewing from. 












The last thing I did was to single crochet around the stitches in the thumb hole with the blue to give the thumb hole a bit of definition.






Obviously you can add any little embellishments you wish to them, I’m going to make some rainbow ones next.  Now my crochet is not always the neatest in the world but I love doing it and it’s useful if I can make something I’ll use!! They don’t look too bad once they are on, even if I do say so myself!!! 

  



I hope this makes sense and that you end up with lovely warm wrists & hands. 

Happy Christmas xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment if you have enjoyed my posts.